Saturday, February 4, 2012

On A Whim

Matt had an away game today and he had to leave at 8:45.  We had nothing on our long. open. agenda. other than getting some groceries at Costco.  

So...

I packed up the jeep with lots more stuff than we really needed to go to Costco and started driving.  

Final destination?


The Beach. 

It was sunny. 

It was warm. 

There was hardly a breeze. 

And it was gorgeous!



Madi ran and ran and ran and then she ran some more.  She couldn't handle how fun it was!  

Her toes were in the sand. 
Her hair was blowing in the wind. 
She was in heaven!





A kind stranger took a group photo for us. =)



Em discovered sand for the first time; and despite my lousy efforts to prevent it, he even got some in his mouth.  I'm sure it won't be the last time...















It was relaxing and we didn't want to leave. But alas, we turned around and ran back in the direction we came from. 

We practiced saying, "Thank you, Jesus for the sunshine. Thank you, Jesus for the beach. Thank you, Jesus for the ocean."

For a concrete-sequential person, this was WAY outside of the box, but it was awfully fun!

I think someone has rubbed off on me just a little bit...



1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! I want to run away on a whim with you to the beach!!! :) Miss you!

    ReplyDelete