Thursday, February 9, 2012

Life...

First of all, I totally forgot how painful it is to watch a five month old attempt to use their tongue...


He thinks it's funny to blow bubbles on his spoon and drool food all over the place.  

I don't. 

My obsessive compulsive, mess hating tendencies come out awfully strong when I can't control situations. 

I'm learning to relax though. 


And I still think he's AWESOME! ;)

In other news around the house, this little girl knows just how cute she is...


As is evidenced by the hands-on-hips pose.

Wearing other people's shoes is a big hit around here.  These boots are Droiy's and she was in heaven!  I think a rodeo is in order for this summer! =)

Ah. 

They're growing up too fast!

Life is flying by and we're trying hard to enjoy it.  Basketball season is coming to an end (que Hallelujah chorus)... I mean... it's about to enter the "off season", but not before hopefully taking home the NWACC title.  Chemeketa is tied for first in league and they have another five games left to play.  

I started subbing a few days a month in January and thus far it has worked out perfect! I don't mind only working 3 full days a month... we have to make a decision as to whether or no I'll be resuming my position in the fall by March.  If you think about it, we would appreciate your prayers!

And alas, Matt's neurosurgeon called last week and reassured us that they are pretty positive that the mass found in his pelvis is an "abnormal muscle growth" most likely due to trauma to this area and/or the way that he walks now.  They would like to keep an eye on it by taking more scans of it in a couple months (MRI - surprise, surprise!).  We were SO happy to hear this and although it doesn't completely solve any problems it does allow us to rest a little easier.  It is definitely a reminder of how this new "lifestyle" enveloped by the medical arena is not over, but rather a way of life.  

I truly believe that our God has the ability and power to heal Matt completely, but I don't know if that is His plan or not.  Time will tell.  I do know that whatever happens we have the comfort of leaning on Jesus to carry us through our days.  Some are full of laughs and smiles, others are less "comfortable", but each day is a new day.

I am constantly in awe of the way Matt has chosen to live his life.  He has so many things he could complain about everyday, but most of the time he chooses to put a smile on his face.  He chooses to crawl down on the floor with his kids and play with them even though his leg is throbbing or his back is on fire.  He chooses to help with the dishes after being on his feet all day instead of resting in the recliner.  He chooses to say no every time the doctor offers some other sort of "pain reliever" or "sleeping pill" because they truly wouldn't fix anything, just mask it.  I have no idea what's like to be in chronic pain, and for that I'm thankful! I'm also thankful that we are promised new bodies when we finally land in eternity.  Life can seem so tough sometimes, but the reality is... it IS short. 

My prayer is for healing, God's miraculous healing, but until then we'll thank Him for each day and enjoy it to the fullest! May our fellowship with Jesus and the light of His presence forever be enough to sustain us each day!

2 comments:

  1. Em's eyes look sooo blue!!! And Mads, always so cute. Always. Love your faith and strength. You're a constant example of how to live. Love you and MISS you all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing and updating on Matt. I have been praying for you guys. What a witness you both are in trusting in the Lord. Its so fun to "watch" another kid the same age as the boys grow up through your blog. Madi is a kick in the pants!

    ReplyDelete