Saturday, July 9, 2011

Backyard Camping...

It's true... we ventured into the backyard for what I hope is the last overnight stay on an air mattress during this pregnancy. I suppose only time will tell. It was my brother and sister-in-law's 11th anniversary and we got to have the boys overnight for a little slumber party and we had recently promised them a camping trip in the backyard complete with a fire and s'mores....

Let's just say they hadn't forgotten!

Unfortunately for us Matt was gone most (okay, pretty much ALL) of the day so Seven and I were left assembling a giant dome tent with Madi, Michael and the wind as our competitors. We finally won, but for obvious reasons there was no time to document the event... we, ahem I, chose safety over pictures.

Finally, however, after the tent was raised, the floor had gotten fairly dirty, energy had been wasted running around in circles inside of it, dinner had been eaten, Veggie Tales had been turned on to momentarily zone out the three monsters I was able to snap a few pictures of our final event...


Burnt S'mores!






And just in case you wondered, baby Croz survived the day too! He slept through most of it and then rode comfortably on my back during the campfire activity... This picture is incredibly blurry due to the fact that it was taken in the reflection of the sliding glass door with the flash being held down, but you get the picture...






Crosby went home to sleep peacefully in his own bed and we took the rest of these tired eyes to the tent and read some spooky stories like The Bears in the Bed and the Great Big Storm and The Dark, Dark Night.

Hey, they picked the books out, not me!






Uncle Matt came home just in time to dog-pile on the air mattress and say some goodnight prayers and then the flashlights went out.

...until 5:40 in the morning.

Not to worry, I more than made up for my lack of sleep the next night, so don't feel too bad for me! ;)

Happy Saturday!!! =)

1 comment:

  1. I am amazed that you were able to sleep on the ground this far along!! I'm wondering if I can handle it in Aug at only 4 months!!

    ReplyDelete