Sunday, January 10, 2010

Snot and Smiles!

Our weekend turned out a little different than planned... I'm pretty sure every article of clothing in our house is dirty and we may or may not have consumed meals that only contained a total of three ingredients. Okay, so only one meal contained three ingrediets... the quesedillas. Other than that we had toast, and some more toast, and oranges, and peanut butter and jelly, and some more toast... This weekend was full of snot, kleenexes, textbooks (Matt), coughing, pajamas, typing, and some more snot, BUT I spent it with my family, so I am thankful!

Matt started his masters' this week, so he practiced his multi-tasking skills and enjoyed his baby girl while reading 175 pages of blah, blah, blah. I must admit, I'm pretty impressed he actually did the reading! I encouraged him (more than once) to just read the conclusion to the seven assigned chapters and then write the paper, but he insisted on being a good student! We have both rubbed off on each other WAY too much. Ugh. I guess there is never a happy medium! =) Oh wait, together we make the happy medium, that's right!

Anyway, I documented our weekend to um, prove that we never got out of our pajamas?!?! Or maybe because we have the cutest little girl ever. Yeah, that's probably why. Please excuse the cute little girl's momma's looks. She bathed, but that's about it! =)



Madi's first bubble bath!!! Mommy laid there while Madi tried eating all the bubbles! =)


Madi has also learned a new "trick"... well, that's what we like to call the new things Madi learns... don't judge!

She can give her Mommy and Daddy kisses now!

Giving mommy a kiss!!!



Madi giving Daddy a kiss! Yeah, she may or may not just come at you with her tongue out... we're working on that one. Give us time!



We did a lot of this... snuggling, which is probably why our weekend was so wonderful!!! =)


... And a lot of this...



Daddy felt left out so we had to take his picture too! =)



We cut Daddy's hair! Okay, fine, he lost a bet to a middle schooler and had to shave his head... we're hoping we can get away with this being "shaved"! Um, he also had to shave his legs, but I forgot to get a picture of that!!! I'll try and sneak one in here sooner or later. If you're sympathetic, you can give Matt your condolences the next time you see him. Not because he had to shave all the hair off of his body, but because this was the first time he has EVER lost a game of PIG to one of his students. =( He blames it on two things: 1) He played the first game left handed and usually wins that way. When he didn't win, he switched to his right hand and he thinks his left hand had thrown him off. 2) Right before he was about to shoot his last shot his student said, "If you miss this you're going to have to wear shorts on Monday," and he started laughing so hard that it threw him off.

Excuses, excuses... I know! =)


Madi was absolutely fascinated with watching us shave Matt's head... she just sat there and stared... until she realized there was hair on the floor. Then she tried to crawl over and eat it. Don't worry, we swooped in and ruined all of her fun!


Madi digging in her toy box...


She looks so guilty doesn't she! =)



And... we had a perfect end to our lazy, snotty, unproductive weekend...

We enjoyed our favorite cold treat and watched the Blazers (almost win)! ... all because I had a buy-one-get-one coupon, of course! =)


Enjoying our cold treats!


And Madi experiencing her first bite of Blizzard!!! Yes, we're "those" kind of parents! =) And, she kicked her little feet and squealed in delight. It's official. She has her mother's ice cream genes!!!

Things I should have done this weekend: laundry, laundry, laundry, ironed, mopped, church, watched our nephew's first BASKETBALL game (he scored his first basket too :(! ), a whole bunch more house "chores"... blah, blah, blah!!! =)

Things I did do this weekend: went to school for a few hours, okay, twice, snuggled my baby, attempted to take naps, layed around in my pajamas, watched 4 playoff football games (yeah, that's a record), watched A River Runs Through It, vacuumed,

Reasons why I'm thankful: I spent almost every second this weekend with my two favorite people (minus the grocery store and school-time). I have a warm home to lay around in. I have a wonderful husband who doesn't care that I didn't do his laundry this weekend and who made me quesedillas for dinner on Saturday! I have a beautiful baby girl who always smiles even when she can't breathe! God is sovereign!

1 comment:

  1. You're officially my favorite blogger! Maybe it's because you're so consistent with your blogging... nah, it's just because I love to pretend like I'm living life with you, even when I'm 200 miles away. :( Love you so much. Stop letting Madi grow up.

    ReplyDelete