Sunday, October 28, 2012

Hair Cuts...

I uploaded these pictures yesterday with the intent of blogging about the kids' first haircuts, but then never got back around to it.  I'm sitting here listening to football blare on the tv while the rest of the house is silent as my favorite three are sleeping blissfully.  This seems to be a regular occurrence on Sunday afternoons, and I don't mind one bit.  It gives me a chance to pick up without getting distracted or spend time at the computer; and even though a nap does sound wonderful, it rarely actually becomes reality.  I suppose I savor my alone time too much, and I generally just wake up even sleepier if I do fall asleep...

Anyway, our big boy turned 14 months this week and that same day he got his first haircut.  It's been needed for a while now, but we knew it would make him look so much older (which is always sad) and we had a few 'delay of games' due to scheduling... but alas, we sat our sweet boy in a chair, tied a pink cape around him and gave him a cracker for distraction! It was time to trim up his locks!

So. Serious. 


He's so sweet that I can hardly stand it sometimes. His cheeks are always so smoochie and his eyes are SO so blue still! 

I think he also loved all the attention he was getting from these two...


They were both a little jealous that it was Em's turn for a haircut so they pulled up the stools and watched eagerly.  Olivia demands a pretend haircut at least three times a day, so she was quite distraught that Emmitt was getting one and she wasn't. =)

I thought about leaving this picture out, but it's just too "Madi" to hide...

Rockin' the Lebrons'...

What are you doing Aunt Katie?


So, when all was said and done Olivia climbed up in the chair and got her hair cut as well. =)

She's just a little too cute, I know. 

Madi the beautician! 

And because I never blogged about it in August, I added the pictures of Madi's first trim. She had her hair done for Aunt Jessica's wedding and Katie evened out the ends first.  At the rate her hair grows, I'm sure it will be another few years before she's getting it cut again. =)

Emmitt on the other hand, will probably have another hair cut next month...






We're so lucky we have Aunt Katie to help us stay well groomed. =) 

No comments:

Post a Comment