Friday, October 19, 2012

10,000 Reasons


The sunrises around our neck of the woods have looked a lot like this lately. Absolutely breathtaking.  I've been subbing on Tuesdays and Thursdays at Mari Linn and my 15 minute drive is a perfect way to start the day.  I've been using this time to pray for specific friends and family members and worship the Lord, but yesterday I couldn't stop saying aloud, This sunrise is amazing. How can people not believe in God? I was so distracted by God's amazing work of art.  How lucky I am to know a perfect God who literally gives me more than 10,000 reasons to worship Him...

 if only I would spend more hours of my day in worship.  

I'm currently obsessed with Matt Redman's song, Bless the Lord (or 10,000 Reasons) and my absolute favorite part is the first verse:

The sun comes up it's a new day dawning. It's time to sing your song again. Whatever may pass and whatever lies before me, let me be singing when the evening comes!


It's easy to sing this song on mornings like this. I just pray my heart feels the same way on the 100th rainy day this winter.

If you're interested, here's the youtube video.  
{Everytime it comes on the radio or ipod Madi says, "Hey Mama, is this yours favwit?"}


Yes, Madi, it's Mama's favwit. =)

Thank you, Jesus, for giving me ten THOUSAND reasons to praise you!

1 comment:

  1. She sings that often at my house just out of the blue. I love it and the way she breaks it out!! It is a great one. It is hard not to be grateful and thankful when singing that song.

    ReplyDelete