Tuesday, January 15, 2013

The Beach

I decided last year when we took a spontaneous trip to the beach that it might have to be an annual tradition.  It ended up being so beautiful, despite it being one of the rainiest months in the year.  So this year, we planned it a few days ahead and invited Aunt Whitney and Brandon along (they have very dull Saturdays, like us, cause Mike works on Saturdays...).  It wasn't quite as warm as last year, which I didn't expect, but it was still spectacular.  I always end up wondering why we don't make the trip over there more often.  It really isn't far at all and I'm always amazed at the beauty and vastness of the ocean.  We serve an amazing God! 

It was super fun to watch the kids run, play and discover too.  

Brandon, well, he was a little less thrilled, but I'm sure if we just give him time, he'll appreciate it a little more in the future.  

Emmitt, pretty much thought we took him to a giant playground on steroids.  There was "dirt" everywhere and he eventually discovered there was a giant bathtub within running distance as well.  Heaven. Pure heaven to this little boy...

Madelyn was a little unsure at first, aka, "cold". But, thankfully, she warmed up quickly! Both my kids ran and danced and skipped around, all the while throwing sand in the air.  I loved watching them.  We brought along some beach toys and Emmitt carried the same toy around in one hand the whole time, but hardly used it.  I guess he just had too much freedom and exploring was more important...

Madi discovered the joys of digging and "building" just in time for Emmitt to come over and knock anything and everything she tried building right over.  He may or may not find complete joy in hearing her squeal at the top of her lungs.  

*sigh*

And this too shall pass, right?

 Whitney laughed when Emmitt put sand in his mouth. I said, "oh just wait..." and sure enough by the time we left every kid had tried it... even Madi...

It's the beach. I guess you never know if someone dumped snow-cone-flavored-sugar-water in the sand, right?





Sweet Brandon thinking, Get me the heck outta here!
Love these two!








I loved this picture (and yes, it was the best attempt at a "cousin" picture). So much personality in every little expression. 
Brandon: You guys are crazy. There's nothing fun about this place. 
Emmitt:  The heck if I'm going to look at the camera when you want me to!
Madelyn: Who wants a sand-pie?!?! (in a sweet-syruppy voice...)




Look at that furrowed brow!



We topped off the trip with a successful trip to Mo's and then enjoyed a peacefully-napping car as we chatted our way home.  Loved our Saturday outing and loved our special company!

...until next winter. 

Or before?!?

1 comment:

  1. What fun and what cute pictures!! And...look at those frozen red feet on Madi!! I swear she never knows how cold her feet are (or cares for that matter) because she is too busy having a fun life!!!

    ReplyDelete