Friday, February 18, 2011

The Bike...

Madi has been obsessing over bikes lately... she's actually quite pathetic and she's gotten a lot of her Daddy's sympathy too! She'll stand at our front window and watch the big kids ride their bikes in the neighborhood and talk about how Madi needs a bike.

"Madi bike?"

It's very cute. Yes. But not quite cute enough for me to run out and buy her a bike that won't fit her anyway...

I know. I sound like a mean mom, but I'm really just the voice of reason around this house. You should be having some sympathy for me because I have the pressure from these cute little puppy-dog, sad faces that keep begging for a bike!

These = Madi and Matt.

Heck, Winston probably joins in too I just don't look at him for long enough to notice...

So... on Thursday when I picked Madi up from her cousins' house the bike conversation came up and Haley offered for us to borrow one of the boys many bikes... I thought maybe I could distract her from wanting to ride it right away when we got home (I had to pee bad), but that didn't work...


This little girl was WAY too excited about her new toy!!!



She made sure she checked her gauges and adjusted her settings before she took off down the road...


As you know, driving is an important skill that can't be taken forgranted... She turned off her cell phone and tucked it away, made sure her music wasn't too loud and pushed her "vroom, vroom" button on the handlebar....


Yup, she was off folks!

Watch out, Wilshire Drive... the street is a different place now!


Even if Mommy's feet are close behind...

Did you really think I was going to let her go far without me?

Now if only it will be sunny two afternoons in a row...

She can show Daddy her skills!!!


Did anybody else notice how long it stayed light out last night?!?!?

Spring is in the air!!!!!!!!!!!


P.S... I haven't forgotten about days 2 - 7. It's just taking me a while to go through 1,000 pictures!!! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment