Monday, August 5, 2013

Impromptu Beach Trip!

Matt was reading Madi a book last Tuesday morning that had a beach in it. I don't even remember which book it was, but it prompted the comment, man, the beach sure sounds like fun!

So...

We threw the sand toys into the car, loaded the lifejackets, pulled out a picnic blanket and headed west. 



I love living so close to the ocean. 

Our kids are sort of obsessed with the sand and water... and just playing. 



 They would have been very content digging and splashing for another four hours, but unfortunately Matt and I couldn't stop thinking about fish and chips.

Yup. That's how we roll.  Motivated by food. 



We played and played though, until there was sand in every. single. crevice. 

 

There was LOTS of jumping, especially into water. 









This picture was only included as proof that I attempted a cute picture of the kids together. Fail. 

And when we finally convinced the kids they were cold (shivering wasn't convincing enough) and hungry. We headed to J's Fish and chips and ate some deep fried shrimp and halibut. 

Mmmmm.

It was so. good.



We topped the trip off with a little salt water taffy and an ice cream cone for the ride home. 

I love my family.

I love impromptu beach trips. 

And I love summer time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment