Monday, February 11, 2013

Madelyn Ann - Three & Eight Months...

**I wrote this post over a week ago and never came back and finished it.  I was super excited about documenting Madi at her current stage, but unfortunately I ended up super overwhelmed with all the things I wanted to remember.  I'm just going to throw in the towel and post what I got. =)  Here's to our happy, healthy, fun-loving, sweetheart.  We sure do love her!**

I've been wanting to write this post for quite some time now and just haven't gotten to it... Sometimes I just can't stand how cute our kids are.  I realize that sounds a little narcissistic, but if you're a parent you probably understand.  Madi has gotten to an age that she's almost (for the most part) always fun to be around.  She love, love, loves to chat about pretty much anything and everything and she thinks she's pretty grown up too. Big surprise, I know. 

I am the worst parent about writing things down that she says, but I always say I'm going to.  This morning at breakfast we had a conversation that went like this. 

Madi, "Mom, when I grow up I want to be a high schooler."
Me, "Oh, okay.  Who do you know that's a high schooler?"
Madi, "Um, Riley."
Me, "What do you think high schoolers do?" (wondering just what motivated her to aspire to such things...)
Madi, "They go to the gym."

Although she's been in gyms way more than most three year olds, we have recently been to both Riley and Cameron's wrestling matches in which we sat in gyms for a while (although not nearly as long as most wrestling meets, I was told...).  So evidently the high schoolers (or the gym?!?) really appealed to her.  

As for her likes these days, Cinderella definitely tops them all.  Emmitt gave her a Cinderella dress, crown, and glass slippers for Christmas and we got the movie (the first Children's movie I have EVER bought!) over Christmas break. Although the first time she watched it there were some "scary" parts, she's a pro now and could pretty much recite the whole thing.  We play lots and LOTS of pretend around here and in fact the word, "pretend" is thrown into just about every sentence sometimes.  Hey mom, my pretend brother and pretend sister are 12 and 14 and they like to listen to pretend music and dance in their pretend kitchen. It's never-ending sometimes...

Sometimes I forget who I'm supposed to be and I get in trouble when I answer to Mom... especially when I'm the pretend mean Stepmother, which I still haven't figured out why I always have to be her... I'm always the one doing the chores around here, so in my book that would constitute me as Cinderella, but whatev...

This girl absolutely can hardly stand it when Matt puts one of her glass slippers on a pillow and walks around the house with it.  The major giggles come out and it never fits Winston, or Emmitt or me... just Cinderella!

She makes a pretty cute Cinderella.  

We took these pictures a few weeks ago.  I had a coupon for free Valentine cards and of course, I couldn't resist.  Emmitt was a little less compliant, but he'll get another post all to himself! ;)





She's pretty much the sweetest big sister.  She really loves her brother and occasionally she'll just say out of the blue, "Mom, I really love Emmitt. He's so cute, isn't he?" It's so sweet and makes my heart melt.  I hope they always love each other.  They fight, like all siblings, but for the most part they play really well together, and we've really noticed a difference in Madi's patience with him as she's gotten older.  Such a sweet big sis...

She is also really obsessed with having a baby sister.  She informed my mom a few weeks ago that she just has to pray and ask Jesus for one, and the other night at the dinner table she requested one from Matt out of nowhere.  This coming May Madelyn will have nine boy cousins and one girl cousin... and a brother, of course! We have LOTS of friends with boys and LOTS of friends who apparently only have boys.  She doesn't really understand why people keeping having boys and quite frankly, neither do I.  It's as if everyone is picking boys and no one wants a baby sister like her. She's quite funny about it, but we have assured her that we can't ever promise that she'll have a baby sister.  Jesus decides what kind of babies people have, which apparently explains her fervent prayer...

I guess it's a good things she's so good at pretending...

I had to include this one because Matt said, "Well, if that isn't a Jules face, I don't know what is." ;)





I guess I'm realizing just how long I could ramble on about this girl... there's just a little too much personality in her little tiny body!

*She LOVES to snuggle the people she loves and I can pretty much always count on her climbing up into my lap to read a giant stack of books or watch Cinderella.

*She's totally smitten with her Daddy and her brother.  I think the cutest thing she's ever said was when she was watching Cinderella she looked at me and said, "Mom, I just love this part {referring to the ball}. It's my favorite part.  It just makes me want to grab Emmitt and start dancing.Seriously, right?!?

*She's SUCH a big helper.  She loves to help me out with any and all chores and she's a really good "babysitter" as well. ;)

*She's a lover of life - she can make anything sound SO exciting! It's super fun and we love to get sneak peaks of life through her eyes.

* She's a serious hoarder. Oh. My. Goodness. She can play for hours by herself  but it usually entails small piles ALL over the house.  She always knows exactly where things are and insists on why things are there, but it looks like makes giant messes everywhere!!!

*She's a singer - or at least she sure thinks she is! She can sing all day long and she particularly loves to sing while watching herself in the mirror.  Big surprise, I know. ;)

* She's got a million different expressions, and just for proof I'll leave you with this last picture of her! 


We love you Madelyn Ann! Thanks for bringing so much joy to our lives. 

No comments:

Post a Comment